Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm kinda bored

I am kinda bored and tired of doing school work. I still need to study for a physics test. Oi! Well, as a means of putting something somewhat worthwhile in this edition, I thought you should all know what my top ten songs are on iTunes, complete with lyrics for the #1 spot. Maybe you'll get some pictures...we'll see!

#10 For the Longest Time - Sherwood

Song has a catchy chorus!

#9 Live Fast - Pensive



It's a pretty fun song, Sarah likes it. Nice guys too.

#8 We're So Starving - Panic at the Disco. I'm kinda wondering why this is #8 as I can't remember the last time I heard it. However, if you like the beginning to The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper"...you'll LOVE this.

#7 is the same band as #1, so I'll pick some other bands from my top stuff. The anticipation is growing! The "new" #7 is...If I Surrender by The Color Fred.


I'm gonna be honest, I wish he never left Taking Back Sunday, but his solo stuff is way good.

#6 will be replaced by Coheed and Cambria for the same reason as #7. I guess I don't listen to my iTunes that often. #6 Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria. Freaking sweet and makes me sweat hardcore on Rock Band. Maybe when I get a camera or something I can edit this with a video of me playing it, until then...nothing but a song name.

#5 Robots - Flight of the Conchords. Hilarious. Affirmative. Hilarious.

#4 Choice Hops and a Bottle of Self-Esteem - Bayside. 1)Find the song and 2)listen to the solo. 3)Pick up your face from the floor.

#3 Help Me - Alkaline Trio. Ah...the trio. Been around forever, still making quality songs.

#2 Bang the Doldrums - Fall Out Boy. This song seriously reminds me of pirates during the chorus. And there's nothing wrong with pirates.

#1 Take This to Heart - Mayday Parade. Why won't they make this a single? It's easily their best song. It's got cool guitars, cool lyrics, freakin' cool harmonies at the end...what's not to love?



And, the lyrics:
Cause I'm a mess and you know that I can't help it
The drive home never seemed this long before
Killing time just a little bit faster
And I swear we'll make it

But I can't tell you what I don't know
(Be mine tonight, be mine tonight)
The simple things, they make my heart go
(Be mine tonight, be mine tonight)
But I can't tell you what I don't know
You'll have to wait
You'll have to wait

Stay Safe, Stay strong
And let me know that you'll be here when i am gone
Because I'm coming home
Coming home tonight
Let's get this right
I said I'm coming home
Coming home tonight

You said it hurts and you know that I believe you
Searching every little thing to find a way
To tell your heart just to wait a little longer
I swear we'll make it

But I can't tell you what I don't know
(Be mine tonight, be mine tonight)
The simple things, they make my heart go
(Be mine tonight, be mine tonight)
But I can't tell you what I don't know
You'll have to wait
You'll have to wait

Stay Safe, Stay strong
And let me know that you'll be here when i am gone
Because I'm coming home
Coming home tonight
Let's get this right
I said I'm coming home
Coming home tonight

One more night
And we'll go spinning around the room
And dance with our hearts on fire
Cause every song is ours tonight
And if you love me so
Im going to tell the whole world
That it's greatest thing that happened to me
I finally found a good reason to come home

Stay Safe, Stay strong
And let me know that you'll be here when i am gone
Because I'm coming home
Coming home tonight
Let's get this right
I said I'm coming home
Coming home tonight

Well, this has turned into quite the post. I think I'll go eat dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just listened to that mayday parade song on the way home and it made me think of when you said that it could be us when you went to lubbock without me. and then i thought that maybe we should give it to nathan and miriam.